Saturday, June 12, 2010

Little Quirks

I have notice little quirks of family and friends lately that I find bizarre or weird. Everything from my friend's discomfort when looking at watermellon seeds, to my brother-in-laws insisting that if he eats a peanut butter sandwich he has to have string cheese as a side, to my mother's habitual chocolate milk with her hand held solitare. So I started thinking, what are my weird or bizarre little quirks that make up me? And I realized, I have quite a few. Here's my weirdo list:
  • I get ready in the dark, I like my pupils to be big when I'm looking in the mirror.
  • I hate the sound of chocolate milk being stirred.
  • I am a total GLEEK (if you don't know what a Gleek is, then no worries, you're not one.)
  • I pulse my arm muscles to the beat of music unintentionally.
  • I constantly pop my toes in my shoes while I'm standing or sitting.
  • I tap my foot to the dotted lines of the freeway while driving.
  • I like to make up musicals about my life in my spare quiet time when I'm deep in thought, and have ever since I was just a little girl. I hear a song and fit it into "my" musical.
  • I LOVE nights when I can spend hours in the dark listening to my walk-man (yes, I said walk-man. Anyone want to donate to my I-Pod fund?) while I can live in my musical.
  • I find that I get in color moods where everyone in my family wears that color that day (and even my children will have that color sippy cups and blankets) and I don't realize I've done it until someone in public points out how everything and everyone matches.
  • I sing really loud in my car...my poor children.
  • I sleep in a very tight fetal position.
  • I am obsessive about journals. My last journal entry was over 70 pages, typed, single space, 11 pt font. I keep 4 different kinds of journals for my girls (each). And that's not including the scrapbooking records I keep. My posterity is really going to be annoyed I'm afraid. What can I say, I find my life fascinating?
  • I could eat (and do) an entire bag of Mini Cabury Eggs in one sitting. And could go through a bag of chewy Chips Ahoy chocolate chip cookies in a day. I'm an addict.
  • I cannot stand any object over my face. I have to have "fresh air" at all times.
  • I'll admit it...I swear when I'm surprised/scared.
  • My husband is the only one I have ever kissed or held hands with.
  • I hate bedtime routines. Ask my husband, it's like pulling teeth trying to get me to brush my teeth or clean my face before bed. When I want to go to bed, I want to go to bed immediately.
  • I blow my nose ALL day long. I go through easily 10 tissues in the first half hour of my morning.
  • It hurts my teeth when I write with a dull pencil.
  • I say things that my husbands says I should never admit (hence this list :)

That's probably enough to classify me as weird. So, what are yours I'm curious. What's your weird quirk?

6 comments:

  1. I'll do a post on my blog about my weird quirks.. since you asked :P beware, I am weird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was very enjoyable to read. I will also do a post about it. But I have think about it first. I have a lot I am sure. I love that you tap your foot to the lines on the freeway. That cracks me right up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am I the watermelon seed person? I also tap my feet to the freeway lines and am very careful not to step on sidewalk cracks. If I step on one with my right foot I purposely step on one with my left. I'm sure you know most of my quirks though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate getting ready for bed, too. Sometimes, when I'm not going anywhere that night (which, let's be honest, is pretty often :)), I brush my teeth and wash my face at like 8 so I don't have to worry or feel guilty about it later. :) And I totally remember your getting ready in the dark thing. Ha! Memories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too many to list. I'm totally OCD and have a lot of issues, so John says!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahaha!!! I already posted on the one above. But I have to comment on this one too! Funny - I tap to the dotted lines on the roads, too. And I usually try to match it to the beat of the music I'm listening too. Or sometimes I'll tap my toes to the pattern of the shadows I'm driving over. Oh man. Now I'm totally going to notice my quirks. Hmmmm . . .

    ReplyDelete