So, I friend of mine yesterday wrote me and told me that she was blog hopping and found a picture of my baby on another blog...twice. I didn't really know how I felt about it. Luckily there was no link to us and no names used, but it slightly disturbed me. Well, since then I've discovered many more sites that this same picture is on, and it officially freaked me out. How many of my other pictures of my babies are out there on other sites that I don't know about? I was already trying to decide if I was going to delete my blog, and now I just really want to.
For now, I will leave it open until I decide what I'm going to do. I just want my pictures of my children off the internet.
So until I settle down some...this may be my last post for awhile.
Goodbye for now.
15 years ago
Hey, I've been following your gorgeous family for a long time (in a non stalkery way!) from little old NZ.
ReplyDeleteI saw a pic of one of your babies (it involves hair) on a website I can't remember what it was now but it was about 100 things or something.
Perhaps make your blog private to friends and give them a password- to a blog with pictures, and keep an open blog without pictures? :) just a suggestion. I'd be freaked too!
Suzi
That is so weird and scary. I would make it private. A lot of people get upset when you make your blog private, but if it's that important to them, they can handle logging in to view it!! That's my 2 cents! :)
ReplyDeleteAubs come back to the blogging world...this is silly. I use random search engine pics to make a point sometimes...I read the post where your little girl's photo was used, it really was so innocent and was clearly was used as a funny reference to a "bad hair day" which is what YOU titled your photo as...so it obviously comes up in search engines.
ReplyDeleteCome back!! I miss you
What you can do, is just take it off the internet. Mine is set so that it is public, but only word of mouth gets you the site. I think it has kept it controlled. Kali did this for me. You might check with her.
ReplyDelete